Subject: Re: Anyone using Studio 16 with Flyer?
From: <[email-masked]> (ALAN LLOYD )
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Aug 28 09:20:25 1995

[email-masked] writes:

> "...something called "Servo-Bump"...(snip)...will lend
> secure frame accuracy to your linear editing."

Yes, it's nice to have that.  Makes cueing up for the edit a
painfully slow process but worth it to be able to have some of
these things:

1) 2 x PCM (digital) audio tracks

2) On-board TBC (with remote control capability, although the
controls could have been hidden better, I actually found them the
first day we uncrated ours!)

3) S-video, composite, and 3/4"(SP) dub out

4) Higher bandwidth than 3/4"SP _or_ S-VHS (better resolution)

As for the UVW-1800, we demo'ed one...B-rolls from Hi8 to it were
indistinguishable from the cam. tapes...at least through our
monitors...BetaSP sure is nice.

BTW, if you've _not_ seen how good even an older PAR can look on
BetaSP component out, you ought to.  Frankly, anyone considering
anything but BetaSP now for a format needs to re-examine that
decision.  True, the UVW machines are not quite as feature-laden
as the BVW or PVW line, but so what?  NO cross-color, NO dot
crawl, _much faster_ cue-up, and the best multigenerational
performance of any industrial machine.  Check it out!

ObLightWave: Sorry, don't actually have one this time, just a
video-related post.  Next time...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Lloyd                                              
[email-masked]
>> All standard disclaimers apply.  Non-standard disclaimers
   available on request.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
<[email-masked]>  (ALAN LLOYD ) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]